Recipe: Mediterranean Chicken

 


The age-old question... What's for dinner? 

I've decided to try something new & add some recipes to the blog. 

Here's to the first one! Let me know if you want to see more & if there are specific themes, foods, styles that you want to see included. 

I am not harping on extreme anything with these recipes. You won't find ultra low fat, overkill on the protein levels or crazy low calories. Just healthy, mostly whole foods. I do not know how to fry or bake (like cakes or cookies), so if you are looking for that, you may need to check elsewhere. 

So here it is

Recipe 1: Mediterranean Chicken


Ingredients

4 Chicken Thighs: boneless
Red Onion: Small or maybe just a half of one, sliced very thin
Zucchini: 2-4 depending on size, cut into half moons
Cherry Tomatoes: 1 container, sliced in half
1 lemon: sliced thinly
1 Cup Feta Cheese
1/4 Cup fresh Parmesan Cheese: grated
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp paprika
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper: to taste




Method

Set Oven to 400 degrees (F)
Grease 9X13 baking pan (I used a glass baking dish) with Olive Oil
Layer Onion, Zucchini & Tomatoes in the pan. 
Layer Chicken Thighs on top of the Veggies, I made sure to lay the Chicken Thighs out thinly as they came rolled up. 
Spray with a little more Olive Oil. Sprinkle the Basil, Oregano & Paprika over the Chicken & Veggies. Salt & Pepper. 
Place Lemon Slices over the top of the Chicken & Veggies. 
Sprinkle all of the Feta & Parmesan over the top of everything. 
Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the foil & cook for an additional 20 minutes. Be sure to cook until the chicken reads 160 degrees (F) on the meat thermometer.

We served ours over Quinoa & removed the Lemon slices before eating. 

Let me know if you make it & what you think!

MPeacockCPT94@Gmail.com



Comments